Not only do I have family but I also have friends. I am loving that Sequoia is becoming a part of it all. The world is welcoming her with open arms and she is responding appropriately. She is just so easy to love (I know I have repeated this many times, but it is just so true). Ask anyone who has held her, touched her, spoken with her and they will tell you how love-able she becomes. She melts hearts as she melts in ones arms.
Sequoia. She is growing into her name.
This week she was introduced to the larger Ippel clan. Aunts and uncles. A few cousins. And great-grandparents. And of course grandparents (Chuck and Sheri) (and even aunty Jacqueline) for already the umpteenth time. Four generations (see pic below).

She also participated in a few play dates. One with Jane at the Crazy Wisdom book store. Another with David and Lloyd (see pic below) at Lloyd's house. And another with the daddy's while the mama's were busy preparing foods to freeze at another home. Oh, and she took the public bus downtown with mama to meet daddy for lunch.

A "fussy hour" has suddenly popped up in her daily routine. This is new to Bob and I. It usually happens just after tubby time, between 8 and 9PM. But we are okay with it, we anticipate it, and we respond with patience and love (and bounces on the pilates ball and waltzes around the living room and unwanted tits in the mouth, oops). Thank goodness for the moby wrap (seriously!). Oh, and the "no cry button". Daddy discovered this. Fill the tub up (aw, so nice for Sequoia to hear) and then turn the jets on (aw, so soothing again). This is becoming a very expensive (and so not green) soothing technique. I think we'll try the hair blower this week.
Sequoia. She is growing into her name.
This week she was introduced to the larger Ippel clan. Aunts and uncles. A few cousins. And great-grandparents. And of course grandparents (Chuck and Sheri) (and even aunty Jacqueline) for already the umpteenth time. Four generations (see pic below).
She also participated in a few play dates. One with Jane at the Crazy Wisdom book store. Another with David and Lloyd (see pic below) at Lloyd's house. And another with the daddy's while the mama's were busy preparing foods to freeze at another home. Oh, and she took the public bus downtown with mama to meet daddy for lunch.
A "fussy hour" has suddenly popped up in her daily routine. This is new to Bob and I. It usually happens just after tubby time, between 8 and 9PM. But we are okay with it, we anticipate it, and we respond with patience and love (and bounces on the pilates ball and waltzes around the living room and unwanted tits in the mouth, oops). Thank goodness for the moby wrap (seriously!). Oh, and the "no cry button". Daddy discovered this. Fill the tub up (aw, so nice for Sequoia to hear) and then turn the jets on (aw, so soothing again). This is becoming a very expensive (and so not green) soothing technique. I think we'll try the hair blower this week.

She has such a beautiful smile and you look gorgeous too Nani...xxooo
ReplyDeleteNani, I just read this whole thing and I love it! I swear you should write a book one day!! You amaze me everytime I read something that you have written. It is beautiful and Seqouia will cherish all of these memories and stories one day!!! What a gift! AMAZING!!! i can't wait to keep reading more! It's like an ongoing book that I can't wait to finish, but wait, will it ever be done?? I hope not!! I just want to read and read and read! xoxo L~
ReplyDelete